Who is Lona Pangia?
Swede's Run Creek was just one aspect of Delran with which Lona fell in love prior to making Delran her home. It is that same love of our neighborhood that motivates her to now run for Mayor.
Today she works at Keller Williams Moorestown as their Director of First Impressions and Agent Services. She is also raising her 7 year-old triplet daughters: Veronica, Carey, and Lucia. Lona teaches her children by example as she balances the family budget, volunteers for school events, and demonstrates the value of hard work and commitment to your community.
In 2014 Lona Pangia was named as one of the Top 40 Under 40 in Burlington County. She was honored to be nominated for such a prestigious award and takes pride in the community leadership achievements that earned her nomination.
In 2014, New Jersey Young Democrats honored Lona Pangia as a Rising Star in NJ Politics.
Lona is currently running for MAYOR in a primary election with running mates Jim Thomas and Lou Vega for Council. With your vote on June 7th, she can continue to make Delran's #FamiliesFirst.
Lona has been involved in many charitable endeavors. When her youngest sister Mikalyn, or Mikie as family calls her, was diagnosed with pediatric lymphoma, she and her family founded “Mikie's Angels”, a non-profit that helps comfort patients and families coping with cancer. Lona served as President when the organization was first formed.
Additionally, she has worked with several animal rescue organizations that help homeless pets find homes.
Lona currently serves as the Fundraising Chair for Delran Fire Station #2 Auxiliary, a newly formed organization to benefit the Delran's volunteer firefighters and the community.
Lona is also involved in the building of the new all-accessible playground in Delran, Jake's Place Too. Jake's Place is a world recognized and award winning playground in Cherry Hill that is gearing up to build their SECOND playground right here in DELRAN!
- Delran Township Councilwoman since 2013
- Co-founder/Fundraising and Event Chair for Delran Firehouse Co. #2 Auxiliary
- Created events to promote community relations: Trunk or Treat, Holiday House Decoration Contest
- Coordinated the Red Cross Blood Drive and Mobile Mammogram
- Developed the "Drive Like Your Kids Live Here" sign campaign
- Burlington County's Top 40 under 40 in 2014 for her work in the community
- Former National Committeewoman for Young Democrats of America
- Former President of South Jersey Young Democrats
- 2014 Recipient of the NJ Young Democrats Rising Stars Award
- NJ Licensed Title Insurance Producer 2005-2010
- Mikie's Angels - Co-Founder & Former President, Board Member
- Co-Founder/Designer for L&L Designs, handmade jewelry whose proceeds benefit local animal shelters.
- Member of South Jersey Triplet Moms since 2009
- March for Babies, Team Captain since 2005
- Former Treasurer for “Furrever Friends”, local animal rescue organization
Be sure to visit our site for updates. More to come!